Friday, May 27, 2005

Catwoman

I've previously written about comic book superheroes (and villains).

One obvious character that I haven't written about yet is Catwoman.

No, she is not a half cat/half human, though that would be a very interesting combination reminiscent of the Egyptian goddess Bastet (more about that another time).

Catwoman was a a foe of Batman to begin with but she became a romantic interest and often teamed up with him to fight bigger threats. She also disliked killing.

Catwoman was portrayed by Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether and Eartha Kitt in the camp 1960s television series. Today is also the 70th birthday of Lee Meriwether.

On the big screen, Michelle Pfeiffer played a good version of Catwoman in Batman Returns.



Catwoman's alter ego is Selina Kyle.

In the film Catwoman with Halle Berry, her alter ego was Patience Phillips and did not follow the original storyline. Thankfully this film flopped. What were they thinking?

DC Comics, Catwoman

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I spent most of the day on the couch listening to the radio. Something exciting happened this evening, Bella's human Michelle (who now lives in Melbourne) came to visit and she must be staying over as she has made a mess of my day bed.

After I had my chicken wing and they had duck confit with baby potatoes and broccolini, I sprawled myself on Michelle's lap to keep her warm.

I'm going to sit with her and watch Blade Trinity now.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home