Sunday, May 22, 2005

Hallo Kiev!

Two months I wrote about the the Eurovision Song Contest.

The Eurovision Song Contest is a very famous song competition which is broadcast throughout Europe and in Australia (but not the USA).

This year, the Eurovision was held at the Sports Palace (Palats Sportu) in Kiev, in the Ukraine. The fun part is not the entries from each country (though that is often entertaining), but in the tallying of votes in both English and French.

"Hallo Kiev, here are the results from the tele-voting by Cyprus. United Kingdom, one point, Royaume-Uni, un point pwarnt... Greece, twelve points, La Grèce, douze points pwarnt". And so on.

Well, the final is on tv tonight here, although the results have already been broadcast in Europe. It is on from 7.30pm until 11.00pm which is way past my bedtime. But you can check the results from the website - we all know who the winner is as the tv news on all the networks had a story on it. But my human and I will watch some of it.

Eurovision Song Contest official site



Will the winner this year go on to become really famous like ABBA in 1974?

Football - round 9 my team loses again (only just) at home! Here are the stats from the game last night.

BRISBANE: 6.5, 8.5, 10.9, 12.11 (83) defeated by
RICHMOND: 4.5, 7.9, 9.13, 12.15 (87)
(the four sets of numbers above are quarterly progressive totals with the final score in brackets)

GOALS – BRISBANE: McGrath 5, Corrie, Voss 2, Akermanis, Black, Bradshaw
RICHMOND: Brown 4, Richardson 3, Simmonds 2, Schulz, Pettifer, Krakouer
(each goal is awarded 6 points, a "behind" when the ball passes through the shorter posts to the left and right of the main goal posts, or if it hits the posts, is awarded 1 point)

BEST – BRISBANE: Voss, Akermanis, Michael, Black, Brown, Merrett
RICHMOND: Brown, Richardson, Coughlan, Gaspar, Tuck, Kellaway
(these are usually the most effective players. Michael Voss is the captain of my team)

INJURIES – BRISBANE: Nil
RICHMOND: Nil
CHANGES – BRISBANE: Nil
RICHMOND: Schulz for Stafford (ankle) in selected side
REPORTS - Nil
UMPIRES - Donlon, Rowe, Head
CROWD - at the Gabba (someone forgot to count)

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was a really lazy day. My human spent some time with me on the couch. The best Sunday activity!

My human walked to the shops in the afternoon for supplies (I am sure I detected ham in the bag). He put his hand to my nose when he came back and I smelt a HORSE! It appears there is a 3 foot (1 metre, or waist high) pony who lives a few streets between my house and the shops. My human told me a young girl was taking said pony for a walk and he asked her about him. The pony's name is Buck, and my human patted him. I hope he does not get any strange ideas about having a pony in my backyard!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home