Tuesday, May 24, 2005

whales - my soapbox

All kitties love fish. And chicken, and lamb, and beef, and pork (all farmed and domesticated animals bred for consumption).

But we don't eat whales. There is no reason to eat whales. Or hunt them.

There are reports that Japan wants to increase their "scientific" catch. See news report:
BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4574451.stm

If you disagree with whaling, you may wish to ask your human to write to the Japanese Government.

Japanese Embassy in Washington DC
Japanese Embassy in Canberra

I could engage in a debate about cultural rights blah blah blah. But that doesn't help the poor highly intelligent creatures who are going to be dead.

If the Japanese want to keep eating whales, I think it is time that Australian humans start eating koalas.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I napped on the dining chair most of the day listening to the radio. Last night I was so cold I snuggled up close to my human all night. I love and I hate winter at the same time!

keisercat@wildmail.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home