Wednesday, May 25, 2005

you want freedom fries with that?

Back in early 2003 when the French decided they would disagree with the US on the invasion/liberation (take your pick) of Iraq, Walter Jones and Bob Ney campaigned to get the House cafeteria to rename their fries to "freedom fries".


Reps. Walter Jones, left, and Bob Ney announce the name changes on House menus at a news conference on 11 March 2003

CNN news report at that time

What followed was the silliest reaction to a serious issue. C'mon... freedom toast? freedom onion soup? pouring decent French champagne down the sink?

If any of my kitty friends in the USA know if this silliness is continuing, or is finally over, please be sure to send me a catmail!

As we all now know, the "smoking gun" never existed...

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I spent a part of the morning on my deck checking out the birds outside. Now that it is winter, quite a few of them fly down from the surrounding mountains. My human and I think the magpies are really cool.



And we also get crimson rosellas who often visit as we give them birdseed.



I had a fresh chicken wing for dinner tonight (not 6 days old by Monday!). I think my human had a very nice piece of fresh fish fillet for dinner. I smelt it cooking, but did not end up getting a taste... maybe I will go on a hunger strike.

The two stupid cocker spaniels next door (one called Jess) have started up again. Their human must work on early morning shift. They started barking before 6am this morning waking up the neighbourhood. Stupid dogs!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home