Monday, September 05, 2005

Monday songs

Please check out the Dogster page of Rex. Rex is my very own dog. A cat who has her very own dog? Yes!

Seeing that today is Monday, I thought I'd write something interesting about songs about Monday(s).

Boomtown Rats with I Don't Like Mondays (that would be Bob Geldof):
The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload.
And nobody's gonna go to school today,
She's going to make them stay at home.
...blah blah blah...
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot
The whole day down.


This song was based on a school shooting by 16 year old Brenda Spencer in 1979 (she didn't feel like going to school because it was Monday and thought it would be fun to go on a shooting rampage) who is now doing life in jail. Creepy.

The Mamas and The Papas with Monday Monday:
Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.


Work that one out.

New Order with Blue Monday.
Won't even try with that one.

Duran Duran with New Moon on Monday:
New moon on monday
And a fire dance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite


Maybe that one was written under the influence?

The Bangles with Manic Monday:
It’s just another manic monday
I wish it was sunday
’cause that’s my funday
My I don’t have to runday
It’s just another manic monday


I can relate to that!

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Ha! Today is Monday. D'oh! Of course I stayed home by myself during the day, on the dining chair catching sun rays, before napping on my day bed in my other room.

My human tricked me at dinner. He fed me my raw chicken wings first while he watched the Dr Who re-run, then gave me a slice of ham. I was full as I gobbled up all the wing. Then, he proceeded to cook himself a rare thick cut rump steak! Oh, the torture of the smell of red meat cooking. He even deglazed the pan with verjuice. I am reporting him to the cat cruelty authorities.

We are going to watch Numb3rs tonight which also means a long fur brush, so I guess I can forgive him... a little.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home