Sunday, September 04, 2005

Katrina reveals a lot

Please check out the Dogster page of Rex.

The great tragedy of Hurricane Katrina was not what nature had unleashed, but what happened afterwards.

Here is a good editorial from The Seattle Times:
When the richest nation on Earth cannot get water and food to stricken citizens for three or four days — our citizens, our people — something is wrong.

Perhaps there is some painful truth in what is being said - poor black Americans do not matter as much as white middle class Americans. The great American shame.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

The weekend is nearly over!

We watched Oliver Stone's Alexander (Director's Cut) last night and today in three installments as it is such a long movie. It is a shame the hysterical negative hype lowered the reach of such an excellent movie. It is by far, a superior movie compared to Troy which was lame with ridiculous dialogue (and if you know your Homer's Illiad, also very annoying).

My human also did chores between rejoining me to watch Alexander and I had to endure the arts programs on television. There was one show about the Sydney Sympony Orchestra in Vienna and I had to put up with listening to Strauss' Radetsky March. Ach, Gott im Himmel! (My human told me he had to put up with a live version of it in Vienna amongst the excellent Mozart recital).

After that, there was a documentary on Outback Opera about OzOpera, the touring arm of the Australian Opera driving around country towns in southern Australia with their English sung version of La Bohème. I'm glad my brother Fatty didn't have to hear it. Imagine, trading lovely and poetic Italian lyrics like this:
Che gelida manina!
Se la lasci riscaldar.
Cercar che giova? Al buio non si trova.
Ma per fortuna è una notte di luna,
e qui la luna l'abbiamo vicina.
Aspetti, signorina,
le dirò con due parole
chi son, che faccio e come vivo. Vuole?

for vulgar English ones so that uncultured simple folk can have a fancy night out! (My human thinks I am a snob. Indeed! I am a cat!)

Tonight we also watched an excellent program called Broadway: The American Musical hosted by Julie Andrews.

I better go an supervise my human's ironing now.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home