Saturday, August 27, 2005

my brother, my hero

It has been 52 weeks (on a Saturday) since my brother Fatty made his last visit to the vet and didn't come home. He was very very sick.

This weekend is a very sad one for my human and me. I am getting used to being an only cat, but my human still misses Fatty terribly.

I want to write about Fatty and remember all the great things about him but which also makes his absence so heartfelt.

In the mornings when our humans went to work we used to play chasey and then lie on the couch (sometimes together). Fatty was a bad influence and we used to hop up to the kitchen bench when no humans were home. Of course there was never any food left out, but it was fun looking as it was out of bounds.

Fatty loved going outside and was let out every morning (supervised) while he checked all the smells and re-marked his territory. He used to roll in the dirt like a dog! Maybe he did that because he knew he'd be brushed.

Fatty loved to be brushed, just like me. He also loved the bells on his collar and he'd use it to announce his presence. While he was able to skulk without the bells making a sound, he loved to walk up to my human making it jingle.

Fatty also loved to curl up inside the ring of daffodils growing around the plum tree. He was such a daffodil cat. My human used to pick dandelion flowers and slip them under his collar which he wore proudly.

I think that's all I will mention today. Tomorrow will mark the one year since he left us. I will write more then.

Please help us to remember him by reading the prayer on Fatty's page.

Football - round 22 (final round). My team is being thrashed by St Kilda. This means that this is also the last game of the season as we won't be going into the finals. Results tomorrow.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I spent much of the day on the couch, with some of the morning on my human's lap. I sent him out for part of the day to stop him from moping. First he walked to the shops to get newspapers and supplies. When he returned he had to go back again as he forgot to pick up his script (medication).

Not long after, he left to visit Devi's place to check out her new house, and they returned around my dinner time for their dinner as well.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home