Sunday, August 21, 2005

morning tv... why my breakfast is late on weekends!

My human sometimes watches morning television on weekends before he gets out of bed, and this means my breakfast is late. Late!

I don't mind, most of the time, as Australia produces high quality family programming which are probably amongst the best in the world.

These include:

SCOOTER: Secret Agent - Scooter Carpenter is just possibly the world's clumsiest kid. He's a magnet for disaster wherever he goes, but even though he's just a pizza delivery boy, Scooter knows he's destined for greater things. What exactly? He's not sure.

Wicked Science - Toby Johnson is a regular easy-going student struggling with homework and girls. Elizabeth Hawke is a teacher's pet. Nobody at school likes her and the only person she likes is Toby. One day they get hit by a ray - a unique magnetic pulse that changes everything. Suddenly, they're both scientific geniuses.

THUNDERSTONE - THUNDERSTONE tells the story of 15 year old Noah who lives in the future when no animals roam the Earth. By unlocking the secrets of time travel he finds a way of bringing the animals from the past to re-populate the world...

Silver Sun - It's 2050. A group of children and their instructors are on a ninety year journey to the Silver Sun. Their mission is to deliver 550 cryogenically suspended New Settlers to populate the New World.

Don't Blame the Koalas (Don't Blame Me) - Life is turned on its head when the King family of England inherits an unusual property in Australia. Fact is, the upper middle class English Kings are fish out of water when they come to investigate their legacy. They are out of money and definitely out of their comfort zone. What they expect to be a profitable sheep station turns out to be an out-of-the-way wildlife park. As well as the kangaroos and koalas, there are human occupants - their relatives, the Kings of Australia! (click on international, then catalogues, then search as 'Don't Blame Me' and check out the trailer).

Outriders - Focussing on a group of kids who live and work on a horse farm, Outriders features stories emphasising suspense, intrigue and adventure. The young "sleuths on horseback" energetically confront every risk and danger that come their way as they set out to solve the mysteries that challenge them. (click on international, then catalogue, then search as 'Outriders', and check out the trailer as the title music is unreal; this is also an Australian-German co-production).

Even if they aren't into pushing the boundaries like Canada's Degrassi High or Degrassi the Next Generation, they are nevertheless innovative, original, clever and entertaining. Certainly much better viewing than the cheaply produced unfunny sitcoms which are imitations of Saved By the Bell.

Football - round 21. Big sigh! Our finals contention is slipping away... Here are the stats.

BRISBANE LIONS: 2.0, 5.2, 6.7, 7.9 (51) defeated by
PORT ADELAIDE: 4.4, 7.6, 9.12, 11.15 (81)

GOALS: Brisbane: Sherman, Voss, McGrath, Black, Notting, Johnson, Drummond Port Adelaide: C Cornes, Tredrea 2, Kingsley, Mahoney, Brogan, Dew, Pettigrew, K Cornes, Montgomery
BEST: Brisbane: Voss, Drummond, Adcock, Power, Notting Port Adelaide: S Burgoyne, C Cornes, Mahoney, K Cornes, Cassisi, Dew
INJURIES: Brisbane: B.Scott (hamstring) Port Adelaide: Burgoyne (sprained knee)
UMPIRES: James, Stevic, Goldspink
CROWD: 35,221 at the Gabba (yes, our home ground too!)

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I was treated in a very undignified manner this morning. I had an 'accident' as I probably didn't angle my bottom properly over the hole I dug in the mulch. My human usually cleans my fur, which I don't mind. But this morning he also trimmed my back fur. How mortifying and embarrassing!

Early afternoon, we watched the original Japanese horror movie called (Dark Water (Honogurai mizu no soko kara) which was really creepy - check out the trailer. Typically of Hollywood, this has been remade for the American audience. Why? What's wrong with reading subtitles? Japanese horror flicks are great and do not need to be remade!

My human also left me this afternoon. I know he has gone to visit those other cats - Merlin, and then Jimmy and Lily as he has been invited to dinner by Jimmy and Lily's humans. I know because Merlin sent me a catmail taunting me! I guess their humans do come and visit me, so my human should go and give them pats and cuddles too. Thankfully the heater is on auto, but it still means my dinner will be late.

Hang on, I think I hear him at the door. I am going to yell at him!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home