Thursday, August 18, 2005

Psycho Cat

No, not me silly! It is the name of a book by Derek Hansen, a popular Australian author.

While my human has been at work during the day, I have been reading Psycho Cat.

I hold the book open with both paws and use my nose to turn the pages, although I have to try to stop drooling all over it.

Psycho Cat is a series of short stories about cats and their people. The blurb on the back reads:

They're killers.
They're terrorists.
They're vandals.
And so darn cute and cuddly you want to take them to bed.

Man has a long and pathetic history of pandering to cats. A million years ago, they had us for dinner. Now they have us for fools, take advantage of our generosity, our forgiveness, our patience, and nab the best spot in front of the heater. Why do we stroke their beautiful necks and not wring them? Love them or loath them, once youve read this book you'll never look at cats the same way again.


My favourite story in the book is called "Must Like Cats" about an old lady with hundreds of cats who advertises for boarders to live at her house. Of course the old lady lets prospective tenants into her house, but they never leave, as she has to feed her cats. You'll have to read the story to find out the ending.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

It was a bit warmer today while I read my book (but shhhh, don't tell my human as I still enjoy listening to him read out loud to me). I am looking forward to spring very soon, although I will need to be brushed more often otherwise I will be leaving fur deposits everywhere.

Tonight is the first hour (out of two) of the last episode of Lost. More lap time. By the way, in last week's episode (number 23), it showed Walt and his father Michael in a hotel room with the dog Vincent. Dogs are not allowed into four and five star hotels in Australia as it is against health regulations, unless the dog is a guide dog.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home