Friday, August 12, 2005

Drosophila melanogaster

My human was telling me that if there was one thing that he remembered most about studying undergraduate genetics, it was Drosophila melanogaster (and he vaguely remembers Okazaki fragments). Drosophila melanogaster is such a cool name though.

Drosophila is one of the organisms used extensively in genetic research. Much of the genome has been sequenced which contains about 165 million bases and approximately 14,000 genes.

It is the scientific name for the common fruit fly.



* Please visit Cooper and Camilla who are good at finding out about things and sharing it with us.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I can't wait for this cold weather to end! I missed my human today. I begged him to stay home - in fact I told him to go back to bed where I wanted to go back and sleep. He went to work anyway, but at least the weekend is just about here.

I had baked atlantic salmon (from Tasmania) for dinner which was a real treat. I don't often get the same thing that my human is having for dinner.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home