Thursday, August 11, 2005

Blue Poles

Blue Poles (Blue poles: Number 11, 1952) was painted by Jackson Pollock (who died 49 years ago). It is now a very famous painting which hangs in the National Gallery of Australia (NGA) in Canberra.

It was bought by the Australian Government in 1973 and at the time was the highest price paid for a modern painting which attracted some controversy.

It is now worth many times that, so it was a good investment in the end.


Jackson POLLOCK Blue poles: Number 11, 1952

Details of Blue Poles by NGA

I think it is a pretty cool painting.

* Please visit Cooper and Camilla who are good at finding out about things and sharing it with us.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was another really cold day. The sun was out though, so I tried to catch some rays on my dining chair with the blinds up.

I also listened to ABC Classic FM. It started out with the molto allegro from Mozart's Symphony no 40, so that was pretty good.

Gotta go and make sure my human is ready to watch Lost on tv with me.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home