Monday, August 08, 2005

pets as therapy, on prescription

We all know that cats can make people feel better. Even those dogs too, but nice ones like golden retrievers, not nasty ones like pit bulls (which have killed cats, and even people).

The New Scotsman has reported that there may be an option for the (UK national) health service to subsidise the expense of a pet, all in the name of health.

Already, Pets As Therapy has 90 cats all over Britain who visit hospitals. Of course you have to be a good lap cat and love people (just like me and Camilla).

Patients can get a pet - on prescription £1,000

Pets As Therapy (UK)

You can also read about Vroom, Chrissie, Simba and Tiber who are PAT Cats.

*I wish to thank Sparkle for my Rosette. I think you are the pretty one!

** Please visit Cooper and Camilla who are good at finding out about things and sharing it with us.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

It was so cold today. My human even left me today. I knew something was up when he woke up early for a change, and dressed in nice clothes. He went back to work! All that lap time was too good to last. But at least he came home early today. I fretted all day, and even waited for him by the front door.

I had cooked chicken for dinner. My human worked out why I wasn't so keen on my chicken wings; they smelt funny. I did tell him!

Tonight is the last episode of Desperate Housewives. Also time for my human to brush my fur.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home