Friday, July 29, 2005

Alexis de Tocqueville

Alexis de Tocqueville was a Frenchman who was born on this day in 1805 (and died on 16 April 1859).



Tocqueville wrote an excellent text called De la démocratie en Amérique.

I found Chapter 15 - Unlimited power of the majority in the United States, and its consequences very interesting, particularly what he wrote on 'tyranny of the majority'.

* I have reached another milestone, 5000 views! Thank you to all my readers, it makes my time worthwhile! Meow! Please remember to give me a treat.

**Please visit Cooper and Camilla who are good at finding out about things and sharing it with us.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Margaret left sometime in the early afternoon, and I have my room back! Well, all rooms in the house are technically mine; whoever believes in shutting a cat out of parts of a house is a fool.

My human was also home with me today, yeah! We had a nap in the afternoon which was wonderful. He made a huge amount of pork and veal wonton dumplings, and I sat on the kitchen floor waiting for a taste, but was not allowed any.

Anyway, Merlin's human Kim, and Nell and Declan came over in the evening and had the wontons for dinner in a soup. They also had a delicious apple and berry crumble which Nell made, with ice cream. Sadly, I was not permitted a taste either.

On the positive side, I very much enjoyed sharing myself on the laps of Kim, Nell and Declan. I love them visiting.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home