Wednesday, July 20, 2005

that's one small step...

Armstrong: I'm going to step off the LM now. (Long Pause)
(Armstrong steps down the ladder)
Armstrong: That's one small step for (a) man; one giant leap for mankind.
(He meant to say for "a" man, but forgot)
Armstrong: Yes, the surface is fine and powdery. I can kick it up loosely with my toe. It does adhere in fine layers, like powdered charcoal, to the sole and sides of my boots. I only go in a small fraction of an inch, maybe an eighth of an inch, but I can see the footprints of my boots and the treads in the fine, sandy particles....

And the rest is history!

You can find the rest here:
Apollo Lunar Surface Journal

This happened on 20 July in 1969 (36 years ago).

*Please do visit Cooper and Camilla who are good at finding out about things and sharing it with us.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I had two dinners tonight! I was fed at 5.30pm and then at 8.30pm. My human came home early (thankfully I was fed first) and then he went with Anaree, his friend from work who is Couscous' human (Couscous is a white and ginger tom and he's not on Catster yet). They went to mantra practice (in Sanskrit, which is the ancient language used in old Buddhist texts).

When he came home, I had another dinner! Last night my human didn't get much past chapter 1 of the new Harry Potter book. I think he is too slow! I want to find out how JK Rowling kills off Hermione. Just kidding! She wouldn't would she?

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home