Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Catweazle

No, Catweazle is not an illness that causes us cats to wheeze. If that happens to you, you should ask your human to take you to the vet.

Catweazle was a magician in an early 1970's television series (there were two) produced in the UK and which were also broadcast in Australia. They had many re-runs on Australian television until about 20 years ago. Way before I was born in my litter.

Catweazle was from the eleventh century, and he was a pretty bad magician and his spells usually failed. In the first series, Catweazle was being chased by Norman (invading) soldiers and he recited a spell to make him fly in order to escape them, but ended up in the future. He was fascinated by the twentieth century with its electrickery and telling bones (telephones). And spent the entire time trying to get home. He had a cool familiar called Touchwood (a toad).

The second series was about Catweazle's search for a treasure and something about flying as well, by trying to find the 13th sign of the zodiac. In both series, Catweazle befriended a local boy who always seemed a lot more sensible than him.

My human told me that he loved Catweazle when he was a child. In much the same way as he enjoyed the Goodies, then. Catweazle was way cool (or is that kewl?).


Catweazle

Catweazle - a comprehensive fansite by Davo

*Please do visit Cooper and Camilla who are the other two members of the Catster CKC Triumvirate.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I was so cold today. The inside of the house went down to 13 degrees Celsius during the day, only slightly warmer than the 8 degrees C outside. I was even colder last night and spent longer than usual under the covers, just before bed, and also around 2am. I am so glad I have my fur. A poor sphynx would be freezing.

Anyway, I had my big brush last night during the rest of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. We totally agree with Camilla, the film was a disappointment compared to the book. My human told me that they would have been better off having a mini-series so that much more of the story could have been included. Still, Kevin Spacey and John Cusack were rather good.

My human reckons that Snow Falling on Cedars, another brilliant book had a better film adaptation. He also thinks that Simon Winchester's Surgeon of Crowthorn also a brillant book, deserves a film adaptation, but needs to be narrated.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home