Sunday, July 10, 2005

Carmina Burana

I haven't written about classical music for a little while, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to celebrate Carl Orff's birthday (10 July 1895 to 29 March 1982) .



Most cats and humans will be familiar with Orff's Carmina Burana. You can find music samplers here.

You can also read more about it from Wikipedia which has excellent links to the Latin texts.

Official site - Carl Orff Stiftung

*Please visit Cooper and Camilla who are the other two members of the Catster CKC Triumvirate.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I didn't get much lap today! As the sun finally came out after over a week of wet weather (and it has been wet nearly every weekend for weeks), my human aired the house and did some spring, err winter cleaning. Earlier in the week he came home from work and told me the house smelt "catty". I was mortified by this remark.

Well, excuse me! I am constantly bathing myself, and I bury my sh*t outside. Anyway, it was good that he let some fresh air inside, and deodorised the fabric of the furniture, cleaned the floors including mopping, and changed the bedding.

I hope this got rid of some of the "humany" smell! Humans stink too sometimes! I guess it could be worse, there could be a dirty stinky dog in the house.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home