Wednesday, July 27, 2005

draft Declaration of Feline Rights

On 1 May 2005, I wrote about having a Declaration of Feline Rights.

Here is my draft for comment (by felines and humans alike).

PREAMBLE

Whereas humans and cats have co-existed for many millenia and shall continue to do so for mutual benefit until the end of time,

Whereas cats were once worshipped by humans in the advanced civilisation of ancient Egypt,

Whereas humans require cats to guide them in the pursuit of happiness and wellbeing,

Now therefore, humans where they have formed a domestic bond and co-habitation arrangement with cats agree upon the following:

Article 1
All cats in the care of humans have the right to life without pain and suffering, physically and psychologically;

Article 2
All cats in the care of humans have the right to fresh drinking water to be changed often;

Article 3
All cats in the care of humans have the right to be fed their preference of food on a daily basis within the economic means of the human, and within parameters conducive to physical health and growth;

Article 4
All cats in the care of humans have the right to have their fur brushed by the human if they so desire;

Article 5
All cats in the care of humans have the right to medical care to cure illnesses and injuries;

Article 6
All cats in the care of humans have the right to warmth and shelter;

Article 7
All cats in the care of humans have the right not to be de-clawed as claws are an essential part of a cat's anatomy for scratching, for protection, and for expression;

Article 8
All cats in the care of humans have the right to sit and lay on any item of furniture designed for that purpose;

Article 9
All cats in the care of humans have the right to lay on any human's lap if so desired;

Article 10
All cats in the care of humans have the right to not co-habitate a dwelling with a dog;

Article 11
All cats in the care of humans have the right to shed their fur as nature intended, including all over clothing and furniture; and

Article 12
All cats in the care of humans have the right to boss their humans about.

My human isn't sure about the last one. He thinks I may have missed some. If you think I have, send me a catmail or email.

*Please visit Cooper and Camilla who are good at finding out about things and sharing it with us.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Margaret has taken over my day bed and room. Yet she chooses to go to great effort to ignore me! I just want a lap! She was home nearly all day and ignored me. I was so glad when my human came home. Mary came over tonight and the humans had slow baked salmon cutlets with mashed potato and sweet potato and blanched broccolini and asparagus. I just had a chicken wing despite the smell of salmon cooking!

My human finished reading to me the latest Harry Potter book last night (about a quarter after midnight). What a shocker! I just can't believe who JK Rowling had killed off. Oh, I am in such a shock!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home