Saturday, July 30, 2005

high rise syndrome

2 month old kitten Rajah fell 15 floors from a high rise apartment in Alexandria, Maryland.

Thank goodness she is okay (the shrubbery landscaping saved him). You can read more about it from the Washington Examiner.

We cats do not always look before we leap. Our claws can cling on to tree bark and wooden fences, but not to brick and glass. Open windows (without strong security screens) are also another danger - sometimes we nap on the ledge and accidentally roll over in our sleep.

Falling on our feet from a great height is a myth. Please don't assume we can survive a fall.

LINK - ASPCA warning about high rise syndrome

Football - round 18. My team lost to the Western Bulldogs! Complete stats tomorrow. Woeful, simply woeful!

The game was telecast on free to air television, but is delayed (actually it is still on), but we can't wait for the results. My human showed me the website where we can watch it being played out as a series of red and blue dots, but we also connect to the live audio (radio) streaming of the match broadcast.

We are going to watch the rest of the game on tv now.

* Please visit Cooper and Camilla who are good at finding out about things and sharing it with us.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

My human slept in today and I was fed breakfast late. I still had a good day. When he hung out the washing outside, I went outside to check out my yard. Merlin's human Kim, also dropped over briefly for a cup of tea.

We also caught up on Lost which we missed on Thursday night on account of visitors. The Sydney scenes were a lot better this time, although it is impossible to have a view of the Sydney Opera House from the park where Sayid and Essam were playing soccer.

My human and I had a wonderful afternoon nap before it was time for my dinner. Then we watched a very exciting episode of Dr Who. It looks like 'Captain' Jack (played by John Barrowman) will be a recurring character. We think he is cool.


John Barrowman as Captain Jack inside the TARDIS

I was tortured tonight. My human had a sirloin steak for dinner, and I had to endure the smell of it cooking. Oh such suffering! I was not given one tiny morsel at all!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home