Monday, August 15, 2005

and she expects other people to read her book?

Victoria Beckham, wife of footballer David Beckham (who now plays for Real Madrid), and who was Posh Spice in the Spice Girls has confessed that she has never read a book. She is 31. How she muddled through the education system without actually reading a single book is absolutely staggering.

It is surprising how she managed to write her own biography - Learning to Fly, much less read it herself. Just astounding!


Perhaps if there is demand for an audio version of her book (in the 'author's' voice), she might actually read it

Imagine missing out on all that fine literature! I couldn't. My human loves to read and reads out loud to me (from time to time).

Some of his favourites include:
- The Great Gatsby (F Scott Fitzgerald)
- Zadig (Voltaire)
- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (John Berendt)
- Snow Falling on Cedars (David Guterson)
- The Surgeon of Crowthorne (Simon Winchester)
- The Parrot's Theorem (Denis Guedj)
- The Last Samurai (Helen DeWitt)
(these would be taken to a deserted island!)

* Please visit Cooper and Camilla who are good at finding out about things and sharing it with us.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today I spent most of the day on my dining room chair but was very glad when my human came home from work (and turned the heater on for me). By the way, I hope you like my new photos.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home