Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Rabbi's Cat

NPR reported about a graphic novel by Joann Sfar called The Rabbi's Cat.

In Algeria in the 1930s, a cat belonging to a widowed rabbi and his beautiful daughter, Zlabya, eats the family parrot and gains the ability to speak. To his master's consternation, the cat immediately begins to tell lies (the first being that he didn't eat the parrot). The rabbi vows to educate him in the ways of the Torah, while the cat insists on studying the kabbalah and having a Bar Mitzvah. They consult the rabbi's rabbi, who maintains that a cat can't be Jewish - but the cat, as always, knows better.

You can listen to the NPR report - here

Excerpts from the publisher - Random House

Football - round 21. My team is playing Port Adelaide at the moment. At half time we are behind. Full results tomorrow.


watching my team play (of course, this photo was taken at another time, it would not be daylight at 8.15pm!)

*Mee-ouch. I seem to have inadvertently missed pasting my referrals to Cooper and Camilla in my previous three entries. As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Last night I helped my human watch two episodes of Taken. This morning we watched the final one. It was cool.

Today was a couch day and I even napped on my human's lap while he also napped!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home