Monday, August 22, 2005

let the sun cook for you... the ultimate slow food

There is a fantastic article in the New York Times magazine on 21 August 2005 by Jonathan Reynolds about solar cooking. Instead of cooking by using gas or electricity or wood or coals (in barbeques), how about using the sun? Environmentally friendly for sure!

The catch is, it takes some patience.
'Europeans always ask, 'How does it taste?'
and Americans ask, 'How long does it take?'


The 'technology' would go in some way to alleviating the need in some countries which depend on firewood with which to cook, from denuding their forests.

New York Times - Kitchen Voyeur: Sunny Side Up (you may need to be registered, but it is free, however, the link expires in 7 days)
Solar Oven Society
Book - Cooking With the Sun: How to Build and Use Solar Cookers by Beth and Dan Halacy

Now, if only the solution to soaring petroleum prices could be as simple...

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I tried to get my human to stay home with me today by meowing and meowing at him, but in the end I just hopped onto my dining chair and listened to the radio. I got bored so went on the computer and checked out the New York Times. That was some cool story wasn't it?

Anyway, my human gave me cooked chicken for dinner tonight, so I'm happy. I will be even happier when he brushes my fur.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home