Tuesday, August 23, 2005

slow down (motorists), cats crossing here...

Humans who drive cars and other vehicles will have seen road signs that say livestock crossing next 5 km or next 5 miles (like cows and sheep). In fact, cows and sheep in some parts of the UK have the right of way, and by law, motorists must give way to them.

In India, where they are sacred to the Hindu faith, cows definitely have the right of way.

In Australia, we have road signs indicating wombats crossing, or watch for kangaroos, to minimise roadkill of native wildlife.

Well, the Guardian has reported that the residents of Lymm, a village near Warrington, have decided that motorists, rather than moggies, should change their ways. Road signs have been put up in Tower Lane to encourage drivers to slow down for cats. (Warrington is a town in Cheshire).

This is to alleviate some of the cat fatalities and injuries that occur every year in the UK, of which there are about a million. Lymm is just one village doing their bit for the protection of cats.

Guardian article - The highway code


Cats are just as important as elks, mooses, cows. kangaroos etc

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

**My friends, Jimmy and Lily (whose humans visit me from time to time) are finally on Caster! You can find them linked to my friends list. Now, I am just waiting on that Russian Blue, Nina!

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I had such a wonderful night last night. Aside from my cooked chicken for dinner, I had some lap time. Then my human gave my fur a nice long brush, firstly with a wirey brush and a fine comb to get all the loose rough fur, then he used a glove with the plastic knobs on it, which picked up all the loose fine fur, of which I have lots as I am a soft fluffy cat.

Last night my human and I watched a pretty neat show on tv called Numb3rs about two brothers who solve crimes, one is an FBI agent and the other is a mathematical genius. Kinda clever, but that reference to Heisenberg was a bit out of place. I guess most viewers aren't that smart, so they are easily impressed by things they don't understand.

This morning, I had a slice of ham for breakfast (I turned my nose up at the tinned tuna).

I had cooked chicken again for dinner tonight. There will be more lap time as 4400 is on tonight.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home