Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Blu-ray or HD-DVD?

Sony and Toshiba which independently developed two different formats for the next generation of DVDs were not able to agree to develop a single format.

Will we all have to go and replace our DVDs players in the future with two versions to hedge both ways? Hopefully manufacturers will enable the new generation players to play both formats.

Maybe this madness will go the same way as video tapes many years ago with VHS and Betamax, with one losing out. You'd think Sony has already learnt its lesson, which may explain why the company has gone after other backers.

BBC News report - Next gen DVD rivals fail to agree

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

**Thank you for all my treats, which seem to have grown exponentially. I am a lucky cat!

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I am starting to get my own way a lot these days. Woohoo!

This morning I had cooked chicken for breakfast, but no ham. I then discovered my human making his lunch which was a sandwich with cold cooked lamb and asparagus. Needless to say, I demanded some lamb, which was initially refused, but hey I got my way in the end. Who rules this house? I do!

Then I spent most of the day on my couch with ABC Classic FM radio, before going to my day bed for a nap. I'm back on to chicken wings for dinner again.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home