Sunday, August 28, 2005

my brother, always in our hearts

Yesterday I wrote about my brother Fatty. While he didn't come home as he had left, his ashes did return two weeks later in a ceramic jar; home where he belongs.

Today marked exactly one year since Fatty left us.

Since Fatty has been gone, I have been more talkative and more assertive with what I want, such as dinner and cuddles.

Before, I used to rely on Fatty to communicate to my human our commands. Fatty used to wake up my human by tapping his paw on his nose! That was time for breakfast. One time, Fatty headbutted my human's hand while he was drinking tea, making it spill. That was dinner time.

Fatty adored my human and I know my human felt the same way. Fatty was a one person cat unlike myself. He fretted whenever my human went away. He didn't like lots of people around (which I do) and went to our room to nap in the spot where my human slept. They had a particular bond as my human was probably the only person in the world who understood him.

Fatty always greeted my human at the door (which I am starting to do when I remember). When my human caught the bus home, Fatty would hop off the couch as soon as he heard the bus stop across the street, and wait for my human at the door.

Fatty loved fish and seafood (but not squid or oysters). Every now and again he would get a real treat such as prawns (shrimps) which he gobbled up quickly. I'm a chicken and red meat girl myself.

The first year without Fatty has been hard. Hopefully, it will get easier from here. Tonight we are burning 14 candles, one for each of the full years of his life.

Please help us to remember him by reading the prayer on Fatty's page.

Football - round 22 (final round). My team was not just thrashed, it was demolished by St Kilda. Here are the full results.

ST KILDA: 5.4 14.8 20.16 28.18 (186) demolished
BRISBANE LIONS: 2.2 5.3 6.5 7.5 (47)

GOALS - St Kilda: Milne 11, Riewoldt 6, Dal Santo 3, Ball 2, Hamill 2, Harvey 2, Jones, Peckett Brisbane Lions: Bradshaw 2, Drummond 2, Brennan, Corrie, McLaren
BEST - St Kilda: Milne, Riewoldt, Ball, Dal Santo, Hayes, Baker, Powell, Harvey, Peckett Brisbane Lions: Voss, Drummond, Power
INJURIES - Brisbane Lions: Notting (hamstring), McGrath (thumb)
CHANGES - St Kilda: Gehrig (groin) replaced in selected side by Ferguson. Maguire (hip flexor) replaced in selected side by Gwilt.
UMPIRES - Davis, James, McLaren
CROWD - 46,105 at Telstra Dome

Officially the season is over for my team. After winning the premiership in 2001, 2002 and 2003, and playing in the grand final for 2004 (but losing), this season has been very disappointing. The game against St Kilda yesterday was dismal, but demonstrated just how reliant we were on the excellent players who were injured and not playing - Jonathan Brown, Nigel Lappin, Justin Leppitsch and Clark Keating. Not even Michael Voss and Luke Power could make up for it, and Jason Akermanis was forced off early in the game with a shoulder injury.

The losing margin was also a new record - 139 points. It was previously 95 points loss against Melbourne Demons in round 18 in 1998.

There is always next year.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was another sad day. We started listening to La Bohème (1994 recording with Hobson and Barker) which was Fatty's favourite music.

Then Nina's human Hugh, came over to do some gardening work like pruning and weeding. I managed to sneak outside for a little bit. When he finished, I got to sit on his lap. Then Nina's other human Deborah came over to collect her offspring. She gave me a good pat and I meowed hello to her. She told me that Nina should have her page up on Catster up real soon so we can be Catster friends too.

My human aired out the house today with all the windows open and cleaned from top (cobwebs) to bottom (floors). It was a glorious sunny day and the temperature was 22 degrees Celsius inside which was perfect.

My human and I had a great afternoon nap together on the couch before dinner time. I got cooked chicken again. I didn't like the last batch of raw chicken wings. The bones were too hard for me to crunch (they are organic and free range) not like the corn fed one from Friday night.

Better go, I should keep my human company while he irons.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home