Sunday, June 05, 2005

Kangaroos

Kangaroos are like giant rats with big tails which hop or bounce instead of scurrying like other rats.

They are prolific breeders and when there is a drought (as they eat vegetation), they are in danger of starvation.

They are also a major source of petfood in Australia for dogs and cats. I used to eat raw kangaroo mince, but my human stopped feeding it to me as I used to react badly to it.


Macropus rufus - source of pet food (mince), rump steak, fillets, tail (cooked over a fire is an indigenous specialty) etc

My human also used to cook kangaroo steaks. They are a very lean source of meat. But he stopped as it has a strong smell when cooking. Probably best to roast a rump or fillet. Anyway, he prefers lamb, as I do.

Some propaganda from our Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

Football - round 11. My team makes a come back. Here are the stats...

FREMANTLE: 4.2, 6.6, 7.6, 10.7 (67) defeated by
BRISBANE LIONS: 2.2, 7.8, 10.11, 15.16 (106)

GOALS – Fremantle: Murphy 3, Farmer 2, Longmuir 2, Haselby, Bell, Medhurst Brisbane Lions: McGrath 3, Bradshaw 3, Power 2, Drummond 2, Macdonald 2, Corrie, Keating, Akermanis
BEST – Fremantle: Bell, J Carr, Parker, Pavlich, Black, Schofield
Brisbane Lions: Brown, Black, Voss, Akermanis, Power, Macdonald, Drummond
INJURIES – Fremantle: Dodd (shoulder) Brisbane Lions: Leppitsch (groin)
CHANGES – Fremantle: Headland (calf) replaced in selected side by Webster Brisbane Lions: C Scott (hamstring) replaced in selected side by McLaren
REPORTS - Nil
UMPIRES - Margetts, Quigley, Goldspink
CROWD - 34,143 at Subiaco Oval (someone remembered to count!)

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I had a very exciting weekend with Jake's human Dane. Now my regular ones have returned. I have more fun with other humans who stay with me, as they do not see me very often and I can train them well...

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home