Thursday, February 03, 2005

In space no one can hear you scream!

That was the tagline for the 1979 science fiction horror film 'Alien' with Sigourney Weaver.

Weaver plays Ripley, one of the crew of the Nostromo, a commercial space ship freighter. The crew are awaken from a deep sleep by a distress signal. I won't spoil the film for anybody who hasn't seen it by going into plot details.

Ripley had a cat on board the ship called Jones. Luckily, Jones survives along with Ripley. Go Jones!


Jones with Ripley (Sigourney Weaver)

In the 1986 sequel 'Aliens', Ripley and Jones are finally rescued after 57 years of deep sleep. Ripley then returns to the planet to help out, after some problems occur at the colony which has been set up there. Thankfully, Jones the cat remains at home. Ripley rescues a little girl called Newt, and survives along with Corporal Hicks (part of the para-military team she was advising).

A further two films in the franchise were made and released; 'Alien3' in 1992, and 'Alien Resurrection' in 1997.

They are no doubt one of the finest examples of the particular genre. Scarey - which means that when my human watches them, he needs me on his lap to protect him!

*********************************

I had some ham this morning. Today was also a very very cold day. I was very skittish and managed to play with a ping pong ball with my human before he left for work.

If you enjoyed reading this, let me know. You can email me at keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home