Saturday, January 29, 2005

My favourite house

My human just loves the Sydney Opera House. He keeps telling me about it, and he thinks it is a magnificent building, both inside and out. Some time ago, I wrote about Frank Lloyd Wright, the Guggenheim museum in New York, and Falling Water, the house he designed for Edgar Kaufmann in Bear Run, Pennsylvania.

Well, in spite of being a cat, I do have some loyalty to my human and concede that the Sydney Opera House is also one of my most favourite buildings. It is a grand design.


Sydney Opera House

The Sydney Opera House was opened on 20 October 1973 and still remains one of the finest opera house in the world (Glasgow, Budapest etc also spring to mind). The Sydney Opera House was designed by Jørn Utzon, a very famous Danish architect. In fact, architecture is in the Utzon family blood. See http://www.utzon.dk.

Here is the official website of the Sydney Opera House. www.sydneyoperahouse.com

My humans have been to the Sydney Opera House quite a number of times now, especially for the opera. Aside from the inspiring interior, they say the view from the back balcony (for sparkling wine during intermission) is spectacular.

Today was another hot day. On hot days, I just want to be left alone to cool down. I arrange my fur in a way to trap any breeze that comes my way.


Let me in!

If you enjoyed reading this, let me know. You can email me at keisercat@wildmail.com or send me Catmail from Catster. I love getting messages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home