Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Catnip to humans

I haven't had any catnip for ages. I think it is time for my human to replant some for me! It makes me relaxed and rather dopey!

Humans drink wine, amongst other alcoholic beverages, for a similar effect. My human tells me that in Australia, we have some of the best wines in the world. They very popular in the UK, with consumption surpassing that of French wines there.

My human's top picks are Pinot Grigio/Gris (a white) which is gaining popularity in Australia, a return to Shiraz (our term for Syrah, a red), and Sangiovese (another red, from an Italian grape variety).

For my American readers, the San Francisco Chronicle recently published its top 100 wines of 2004.

My human's top pick for good value Australian wine (after consulting Huon Hooke's column in the Sydney Morning Herald, Good Living supplement of 18 January 2004) are:
Seppelt Chalambar Shiraz 2002
Hardys Oomoo Shiraz 2003
Jim Barry Watervale Riesling 2004

If you enjoyed reading this, let me know. You can email me at keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home