Sunday, January 16, 2005

Food Glorious Food

My human always watches cooking shows on television. He likes the British ones like Two Fat Ladies (in repeats), Jamie Oliver, and when he can bear to watch her appalling knife skills, Nigella Lawson. He also likes the Australian ones like Stephanie Alexander, Kylie Kwong and Surfing the Menu with Curtis Stone and Ben O'Donoghue.

My human is a good cook. He tells me that there are three types of cooks. Those who hate it and cook because they have to. Those who cook scientifically (follow recipes to the letter) and are usually afraid it won't turn out. And those who cook like it is an art. Of course there are those who can't cook at all and can even ruin boiling an egg!

Those who cook like it is an art, cook by instinct and can create something from a bunch of ingredients in the fridge and pantry, knowing what will go well together. They understand texture, taste and visual presentation.

My human has lots and lots of cook books and monthly subscriptions to two cooking magazines, and he will use a recipe occasionally. Why he needs so many recipes I don't know.

Anyway, I think it is time that there is a cook book for cats. Some of my most favourite things to eat, apart from ham, are:
rare roasted or pan fried lamb
rare pan friend rump steak
poached chicken
pan friend tuna

Sometimes when I occasionally get a bad reaction to protein, I am given chicken soup made with chicken stock, with chicken meat, potatoes and carrots. I drink the liquid first, then eat the chicken, then the potatoes and leave the carrots last.

Today was much cooler with drizzly rain. I slept for much of the day, to catch up for all the hot days and nights when I found it hard to sleep.

If you enjoyed reading this, let me know. You can email me at keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home