Thursday, January 27, 2005

Happy Birthday Mozart

Today is the birthday of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart who was born in 1756 (died 5 December 1791). Mozart is one of my most favourite composers.



He composed 41 symphonies. My favourites of those are No. 25 and 40, which are also his most popular ones.

He also wrote a number of operas - the libretto in German at a time when it was standard practice for operas to be written and sung in Italian. My favourite Mozart operas include The Magic Flute (in German), The Marriage of Figaro, and Don Giovanni. The libretto for most operas are actually written by someone else (sort of like an Elton John and Bernie Taupin collaboration)

People who really appreciate Mozart would enjoy visiting Salzburg, the town of his birth. The house where he was born, at 9 Getreidegasse, is now preserved as a museum. My human who visited Salzburg some years ago, said that it is also fun to check out the places that were used to film The Sound of Music.

As a cat, I really enjoy classical music, as did my dear departed brother, Fatty.

Today has been a warm day.

If you enjoyed reading this, let me know. You can email me at keisercat@wildmail.com or send me Catmail from Catster. I love getting messages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home