Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Another cat

On 11 December I mentioned very briefly, Lewis Carroll and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and asked whether Alice dreamed the whole thing (at the end of the book).

I did not mention the most obvious connection of that book to us felines. The Cheshire Cat. Here are some quotes:

The Cheshire Cat only grinned when it saw Alice. It looked good-natured, she thought: still it had very long claws and a great many teeth, so she felt it ought to be treated with respect.

"Please, would you tell me," said Alice, a little timidly, ... "why your cat grins like that?"
"It's a Cheshire Cat," said the Duchess, "and that's why.


I think that just about sums it up. Well, except for some of the clever things that the Cheshire Cat says, but you'll have to read the book to find out.

There was a thunderstorm today.

If you enjoyed reading this, let me know. You can email me at keisercat@wildmail.com or send me Catmail from Catster. I love getting messages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home