Thursday, December 28, 2006

searching for New Earth

An orbiting telescope called COROT has been launched to search for new habitable planets.



Many of the planets COROT will detect are expected to be 'hot Jupiters', gaseous worlds. An unknown percentage of those detected are expected to be rocky planets, maybe just a few times larger than the Earth (or smaller, even). If COROT finds such planets, they will constitute a new class of planet altogether.

Links
- Centre national d’études spatiales - CNES (France)
- European Space Agency - ESA

Hmmm... somebody better warn these planets that Earth humans are on their way...

*for The Ongoing Barks of a Well Read Dog, check out Shamus (who is continuing Cammie's legacy)

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

I had another good day today, though my human went out in the afternoon. When he returned, he brought over a visitor called Court for me to sit on, while they drank beer! And then I got into the catnip.

After Court left, I had a nap on the couch with my human until I got too warm and hopped off.

My human bought me a new food bowl while he was out - a Wedgwood Jemima Puddleduck bowl. Woohoo! Unfortunately, he's taken to calling me Keiser Puddlecat now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home