Sunday, December 24, 2006

not the Queen's Christmas message

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is not the only person to read out a Christmas message. Australian prime minister, John Howard also reads one out.

According to our ABC (that's A for Australian), he said:
while the economy may be prospering there are a number of people who are struggling.
and
And those less fortunate in our community through no fault of their own have fallen between the cracks and we must, all of us, do what we can to help them.

A bit ironic really, given that his government policies created this situation, like tough labour laws that favour businesses and employers rather than workers.

*for The Ongoing Barks of a Well Read Dog, check out Shamus (who is continuing Cammie's legacy)

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

Today was a another good day. Santa Claws came and left me some gifts. Woohoo! My human also stayed all day with me, except tonight when he went out to a barbeque.


Checking out my box from Santa Claws


Ooh, a stuffed sock


A springy mouse toy, a bouncey fluffy ball on springs... what more could a cat want?


That strange cat called Splat who resides at Belconnen Petbarn who apparently 'road tested' my toys. Hmmppphhhh! I smelt Splat on my humans hand on Wednesday when he came home from work.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home