Friday, December 22, 2006

lower tax, no deductions

The Sydney Morning Herald reported today that income tax could be reduced to flat rate of 20 per cent in exchange for no tax deductions.

That could also mean that the majority of taxpayers would no longer have to file an income tax return.

A lot of tax accountants would be out of work. Now they would argue against such a sensible approach.

*for The Ongoing Barks of a Well Read Dog, check out Shamus (who is continuing Cammie's legacy)

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

I was hoping that my human would stay home with me today, but he went to work anyway. I did get a treat for breakfast, tinned salmon (they cost more than tinned tuna, so I only get it now and again) which I ate up.

My human returned home from work earlier today, but he could have been back even earlier, except he went into town first. He told me his office was allowed to finish at 2pm, but he didn't hear about it until 2.45pm. What a doofus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home