Friday, August 18, 2006

shit is art, art is shit

My human and I were watching an arts program on Tuesday night called Art Safari which featured the Belgian artist Wim Delvoye.

Wim actually makes a lot of money from his art. He's created several 'machines' (or rather 'installations' which recreate artificially, the human digestive system from mouth to anus). These are called Cloaca machines (many species of animals such as birds, reptiles and amphibians have one orifice called a cloaca through which both shit and piss passes).



In other words, Mr Delvoye makes shit, and then sells it as art.



I've been burying mine all this time. Why is it that a crazy artist can recreate shit and sell it for a lot of money when free shit is available everywhere?

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

I like Fridays usually and I thought I was going to get to lay on my human's lap the whole evening. After I had my dinner, Merlin's human Kim came over, and then they left. I was so confused about being left alone again. A few hours later, they returned. It appears they caught up with Declan and Nell and two of their friends for dinner, and there was no kitty bag for me.

Not only that, when my human came home from work I smelt a dog on him. Hmmppphhhh! It was Tessie, that Border Collie from the end of the suburb again. My human found her alone in the front of her yard on the grass, with none of her humans around, so he played fetch the stick with her. What a doofus!

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delvoye's art is shit then!

Saturday, 19 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home