Sunday, August 13, 2006

Fidel at 80

I bet the United States had hoped Fidel Castro did not have another birthday, but he did today.

Cuba is a thorn in the side of US foreign policy. I think the State Department should have been thinking outside of the box many years ago. You can't provide an opportunity for change by not engaging with the enemy.

Speaking of totalitarian states, the military junta rule in Burma has gone on long enough. The Burmese also do not have freedom or democracy. But then, they don't have any oil either...

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

Today was another great day. My human spent all day with me. Woohoo! We spent a lot of time together on the couch and we even had a nice shorter (compared to yesterday) afternoon nap together on the couch. And then he woke up to do chores like cleaning the house (without disturbing my sleep).

In the evening, Jimmy and Lily's humans came over for dinner of roast leg of saltbush lamb, roasted vegetables (King Edward and Kipfler potatoes, butternut pumpkin, sweet potato and beetroot) and brussel sprouts. I was not given any lamb. Not happy.

Tonight we watched The Elegant Universe on TV which was about '(super)string theory'. I thought about all those strings out there with which to play, but my human insisted I pay attention to the explanation of the Kaluza-Klein theory, which is one of his favourites. Hmmppphhhh!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home