Thursday, December 22, 2005

Romulus and Remus

There is an ancient myth that Rome was founded by Romulus and Remus.

Their great-uncle Amulius seized the throne from their grandfather Numitor. Amulius was afraid that Numitor's daughter Rhea Silvia would produce children to depose him so he had her made a Vestal Virgin with a celibate life.

Well, Mars the God of War had other ideas and after visiting her in the temple of Vesta, she bore twin sons named Romulus and Remus.

Amulius ordered the death of the babies, but the servant sent to do this couldn't and placed them in a cradle along the Tiber river (kinda like Moses).

The river god Tiberinus rescued them and had them placed on the Palatine Hill where they were nursed by a she-wolf, until they were found by a shepherd.


(Pigs might also fly, backwards)

I find this story rather hard to believe. Wolves are vicious creatures and would have sooner eaten the babies.

My human has visited Rome and told me of all the street cats who live there.

No, I believe that Romulus and Remus were actually suckled by a mother cat.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I visited the vet this morning and had my annual vaccinations. The vet also stuck a thermometer in my butt. How rude!

Anyway, I was forced to stay at the vet by myself for a couple of hours but I wasn't scared. I went to a room with lots of other cats in cages who were boarding while their humans go away on holidays, as well as some dogs recovering from surgery.

The vet people shaved my fur on my neck and took some blood. Oh, it was a terrible thing to do to me.

Later on, my human came back in the afternoon and rescued me. He told me I was so brave.

My human said that the blood test results will be known tomorrow. The vet also told him I have a heart murmur, so I won't be playing the chasing games with my lid rings and toys anymore. Sigh! I guess I am just old.

Today is also a very hot day.

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been incredibly brave. I hate being left behind at the evil vet's office, and thermometers up the bum and being shaved on the neck is simply UNACCEPTABLE! Rude indeed!

I hope you have passed your tests with flying colours and good marks.

Friday, 23 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home