Tuesday, December 13, 2005

some songs about music

A little while ago, I wrote about songs about Mondays. Tonight, I thought I'd write about songs about music.

A lot of songs are about love (boring), or they tell a story about something, but the most obvious topic would be about music itself.

ABBA - Thank you for the music
So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me


No, ABBA, thank you for the music.

Kiki Dee (and others) - I've got the music in me

Actually she sings that over and over and over. Perhaps she does have the music in her (and the others who sung the song).

An old one, Julie Andrews (and Mary Martin etc) - The sound of music
The hills are alive with the sound of music
With songs they have sung for a thousand years
The hills fill my heart with the sound of music
My heart wants to sing every song it hears...


All together now "aaahhhh!" Very joyously sung too!

Village People - You can't stop the music
You can't stop the music, nobody can stop the music.
Take the cold from snow, tell the trees, don't grow,
tell the wind, don't blow, 'cause it's easier.
No, you can't stop the music, nobody can stop the music.
Take the spark from love, make the rain fall up
'cause that's easier to do.


Did people actually listen to this song? The words are dreadful!

Scissor Sisters - Music is the victim
Hell if music is the victim then so am I
Of lovin' and a cheatin' the snake gon' bite
I beg and I scream and I cuss and I cry
If music is the victim then so am I


It makes more sense with the rest of the lyrics, and fun.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I spent all day on the couch today as my human picked me up off my mat on the deck and insisted that it would be cooler inside (even though it wasn't that warm in the end). I didn't move all day until he came home (well except when I threw up a long fur ball outside the bathroom).

I had a nice long brush of my fur last night. It was great.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home