Saturday, December 03, 2005

Temple de la Sagrada Família

One of the most interesting looking buildings in the world (on Earth anyway) is the Temple de la Sagrada Família in Barcelona, Spain.

This basilica was designed by Antoni Gaudi (25 June 1852 – 10 June 1926). Construction began in 1882 (laying of foundation stone before Gaudi took over the design).

Today, this building is still incomplete. But hey, lots of buildings in Europe took hundreds of years to complete! Even in its incomplete form the building is one of the most recognised in the world for its neo-gothic architecture, and it is considered to be Gaudi's masterpiece.

The last time my human visited Barcelona, he said it still resembled a construction site!

LINK - Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família (official site)


Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família (imagine all the places a cat could hide in there!)

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I nearly forgot to mention, my human and I watched Star Trek Nemesis last night. We will miss Captain Picard and his crew.

The road adjoining my street (at a T junction) was being resealed this morning with a new layer of bitumen. I looked out the window and saw all these trucks. Bitumen (or tar) is a bit smelly though.

I went outside to chew on some grass this morning when my human hung out the washing. It was sunny, windy and there were dark clouds. Funny weather for summer!

I also had a visit from Spike and Sooty's human Tim this afternoon. Spike and Sooty meow more than I do, so I made up for it by claiming their human's lap. Tim and my human watched Batman Begins and I even got potato chips! Woohoo! They also played around with my computer (something about real life aliens... heh heh heh, tell me something I don't know). After he left, my human and I had a nice nap together on the couch.

Tonight we are watching bits of the beginning of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (on DVD, the box set of which my human recently bought), and Empire (taped from earlier in the week).

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home