Thursday, December 01, 2005

save Jupiter Hollow!

One of the best comedies ever made was Big Business (1988) with Bette Midler and Lily Tomlin as two sets of identical twins switched at birth. My human just loves that movie. I do too, as I get to lie on his lap when he watches it laughing.

So in the mix up, the twins end up pairing up with a stranger, rather than their identical sister. In the mix up, both the red haired ones end up being called Sadie (Bette Midler - who also turned 60 years old today - happy birthday Bette!), and the dark haired ones are both called Rose (Lily Tomlin). But they are switched! What a pairing of comedians!

So one pair of non-identical Sadie and Rose grow up in Jupiter Hollow, and when Moromax (a big corporation in New York) threaten to close down the local factory, this set of Sadie and Rose (Ratliff) go to the Big Apple.

Unbeknownst to them, the corporate types they need to confront are another set of non-identical Sadie and Rose (Shelton). So the confusion is hilarious when they finally meet their real twin.

An oldie but a goodie!



*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

After all the rain we've been having, today turned into a fine warm day.

My human was late coming back from work. He told me he was checking out a sale at the mall. Hmmmmppphhh.... To make up for his tardiness, I am going to refuse to budge from his lap tonight. When I came to use the computer to do my blog/diary, I also meowed and meowed for him to come over to let me sit on his lap (so he is reading over my shoulder - he is so impatient, I can only type so fast with my little paws and my nose).

keisercat@wildmail.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you kindly dear kitty Keiser for the birthday wishes.

Don't forget to check out my new CDs out now, just in time for holiday gifts.

Thursday, 01 December, 2005  
Blogger Keiser said...

Just as well my human thinks you're funny and fantastic, otherwise I would accuse you of shameless self-promotion (on my blog too).

By the way, is that really you? Prove it by sending me an email!

Thursday, 01 December, 2005  
Blogger Keiser said...

dear miss bette

one more thing, given the shameless self-publicity you are receiving from my blog, i would like signed copies of your CDs in time for 25 december.

keiser

ps also copies of all your movies on DVD (except for 'big business' as we already have that).

Friday, 02 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home