Tuesday, November 22, 2005

"in the cat seat"

Some people talk about being "in the cat seat" or "in the cat's seat".

So I tried to find one of these special cat chairs at every online furniture shop that I could including IKEA.

But it doesn't exist!

No matter. The couches are mine, so are the dining chairs, in fact I sit or nap on any item of furniture in the house. So they are all "cat seats".

Then I realised that cat seat means something completely different.

To sit "in the cat seat" (or "cat's seat") means to be perched high up enabling the observation of everything below. The chair attached to a large telescope used by astronomers to control the telescope is also called a cat seat.

It also means, being in control or controlling behind the scenes, or being in an ideal position (to pounce).

I am always in the cat's seat. I am a cat after all.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Tuesdays are quite dull. However, I have been listening to some more new music tonight. I really like Aural Planet which my human brought back for me from a friend at work. Acoustic Plantation Releases (CHILLING CUTS VOL.1) is mindblowing (even for a cat)!



keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Keiser said...

Yes Chicky Pooch. All the furniture in your apartment belongs to you!

Friday, 25 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home