Thursday, November 17, 2005

Is Madonna illiterate?

On 17 October (a month ago) I wrote about Madonna and her hypocritical views about television.

She's done it again.
Pop superstar MADONNA refuses to buy newspapers and magazines because she is sick of the inaccurate stories they print about her.

See news article - Madonna avoids newspaper reports (Digital Spy, UK)

Well, if Mrs Guy Ritchie (I call her Mrs as most of the married women in the UK seem to prefer that to Ms) only considers trashy tabloids as newspapers, no wonder.

First point - the world does not revolve around Mrs Ritchie. There are plenty of other things to read.

Second point - there are plenty of other quality print media in the UK (where she now lives), and if she was literate enough to read them, like
- The Guardian
- The Observer (but only on weekends)
- The Independent
- Daily Telegraph
- The Times, and
- Financial Times,
she might find that they are not that interested in her, and have far more important things about which to write.

She doesn't watch TV (not even for BBC News), she doesn't read newspapers (or magazines), no doubt she is also computer illiterate so not getting her news from the internet, and she is far too famous to listen to the radio. I very much doubt she hires someone to scan the media and brief her on the status of trade talks, environmental issues, geo-political tensions etc. Consequently, if she offers an opinion on something, it would be very much uninformed (here I go again).

I have found a new past-time. It is called Madonna-bashing. Sometimes rich and famous people should just keep their mouths shut. Idiots!

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

My human is a little late back tonight, so I haven't had my dinner yet. He did tell me this morning that he was going to catch up with Jack and Bad Cat's humans Jess and Mands in the city for a drink. Hang on, I hear him at the door.

Oooh, some gossip about Bad Cat. She has adopted another human in the neighbourhood from their old place and refused to move house with them. My oh my. I can understand why she wants to be an only cat.

I better go and have my dinner now.

keisercat@wildmail.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her new album is out, but we don't like what she did with ABBA's Gimme Gimme Gimme. Hope it flops. She's reached her used by date. Not only that, she's a moron as well.

Thursday, 17 November, 2005  
Blogger Keiser said...

This is fun. So far, I've had a swipe at Madonna, Victoria Beckham, Michael Jackson, certain journalists, certain politicians, academics (Baudrillard, Fukuyama, Huntington), US National Center for Health Statistics, reality shows, Moscow Cats Theatre,Japan (whaling and war atonement), 'intelligent design', Mao Zedong, Oprah Winfrey, declawing, Greek royalty, etc.

My claws are getting a bit blunt from all that. I need to sharpen them on more 'victims' to criticise. Any ideas welcome.

I don't apologise for being catty. I am a cat, after all.

Friday, 18 November, 2005  
Blogger jess said...

absolute outrage at the madonna-bashing! we love madonna!

Thursday, 24 November, 2005  
Blogger Keiser said...

Madonna is just asking for it.

Sunday, 27 November, 2005  
Blogger Keiser said...

btw Jess, when is Jack getting his own blog?

Sunday, 27 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home