Thursday, November 10, 2005

Red Rolling in Riches

We can all envy Red the cat. His elderly human David Harper died at age 79 and left his fortune of US$1.1 million to him.

What a lucky kitty. I am certain though that Red would prefer his human than all that money.

As Red is only three years old, he has many years to enjoy French Champagne and Beluga caviar (wait, that is actually my human's fantasy).

I hope Red's new providers (the United Church of Canada) will not skimp on his care and food in favour of helping poor and homeless humans. After all, Mr Harper scrimped and saved (and lived frugally) all his life so his wishes should be respected. I'm sure Red would not mind sharing a few of his scraps with the hungry strays.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I had a very unusual day today. Firstly my human woke up much too early (it was still dark) and he also left very early. That is always a bad sign, but there was no big bag so I was very confused. I was given my breakfast very very early, it was cold cooked salmon but I didn't feel like it. So I napped on the couch all day waiting, waiting, waiting. Besides, usually I wake him up in the morning. This time he got up before I did!

He returned late as well, but before twilight. My human told me he had to fly to Sydney for work at short notice but didn't want to tell me in case I fretted. At least he didn't leave last night (even though he hates waking up so early to catch those early morning flights) which would have meant me being alone for nearly 24 hours.

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Keiser said...

I'd much prefer rump steak done rare!!! Or even lamb!!!

Chicky Pooch, you should try the old hunger strike trick...

Saturday, 12 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home