Friday, December 09, 2005

giant fish x2

Two giant fish from me tonight.

Firstly, UK's The Times recently reported that giant jellyfish (200kg/450lb) are invading Japan.



I would call it Neptune's revenge on Japan for its overfishing and depletion of fish stocks, in particular of tuna species (by the way, did anybody tell Jessica Simpson that tuna is fish and not chicken?).

See - 'How do you tackle an invasion of giant jellyfish? Try making sushi' (The Times, 7 September 2005).

Secondly, NPR (US National Public Radio) recently reported on the Mekong giant catfish, the world's largest freshwater fish (which has been known to eat dogs and deers). NPR reported on Zeb Hogan's visit to Cambodia for National Geographic. Fascinating stuff. This fish is also endangered.


646 lb Mekong giant catfish (but this one was caught in Thailand and not related to the NPR story, but is the species in question)

Check out - 'Tonle Sap: The Flowing Heart of Cambodia' (NPR, 6 December 2005).

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Friday means the weekend is nearly here! My human was late home tonight (something about a barbeque), and forgot to leave the computer on for me, so I had to wait for him to return and turn it on before I wrote my blog.

Not only that, my dinner was late (but tonight I ate the whole raw chicken wing).

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Keiser said...

pooch, imagine the fur ball the fish would get....

Sunday, 11 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home