Monday, December 19, 2005

global warming means no more polar bears

Human beings are great at adapting to the environment. They have survived ice ages, ice melts, natural disasters etc and seen another species of human die out (the Neanderthals). They also alter the environment for their own purpose, much to the detriment of many species of plants and animals.

Some governments aren't prepared to do their bit to mitigate global warming and climate change as the economic imperative takes a higher priority. In other words, industry and jobs must be protected at all cost.

Well, if the world heats up more and the summers become even hotter, more people will insist on artificial cooling which uses up even more energy, which in turn will produce more greenhouse gases, leading to further heating.

Polar bears are already in a lot of trouble. Their numbers are in decline. Ice floes are melting and they are forced to swim a greater distance between them, drowning in the process from exhaustion, hypothermia or large waves. Nobody seems to care.


These ice floes are disappearing, and along with them, polar bears

See
- 'Polar bears drown as ice shelf melts' (UK Sunday Times, 18 December 2005)
- 'Groups sue to protect polar bears' (CNN, 16 December 2005)

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I spent most of the day alone on the couch (must be Monday again). However, I did manage to go outside for a few minutes while the washing was being hung out and chewed on some grass.

My human was late home tonight, but good for me, he brought back Nell and Declan with him for a quick visit. He must have gone to dinner with them. I wish I was invited too!

Anyway, I finally had raw corn fed chicken wing for dinner. But I didn't gobble it all up at once. When the weather warms up, I don't eat as much. Mind you, I have been drinking lots of water which worries my human very much.

My annual medical check up is on soon, and I think my human wants me to have tests for diabetes and kidney function.

I feel so old, but I'm not ready to leave this world and my human yet. He hasn't got over the loss of my brother Fatty. So if anything happens to me, he will be totally devastated.

Wish me luck for my medical. I should be going this week sometime.

keisercat@wildmail.com

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the medical. I am keeping my paws well and truely crossed that you will get a glowing review and not have to visit an evil vet for a long, long time.

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger Keiser said...

thank you nick. you are always so nice to me.

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home