Wednesday, December 14, 2005

catphone?

Proof that dogs are stupid...

A cellphone collar for dogs so that their humans can phone and talk to them. And for lost dogs, the finder can phone their human.

LINKS
- 'Fido's First Cell Phone (Wired News, 6 December 2005)
At 3 inches long, the PetCell is too unwieldy for your average feline. Although the company is working on further miniaturization, the battery has proven to be a formidable obstacle.
Still, Robb wasn't ruling it out. He said optimistically, "The kitties will have to wait."


- Pets Mobility (for product information)



As if us cats need such a ridiculous contraption.

Give us a normal cellular (mobile) phone - a catphone. We might choose to not answer the phone, in much the same way that we choose not to come when called.

But clever kitties will sure send SMS text messages like:
- yr're L8. i'm hngry
- i'm cold. u 4got 2 turn heatr on
- i've just thrwn up a furbal
- com hm now. intruda alert


Proof that (some) humans are stupid. Some humans are not happy with hands-free for their cell phones. The unwieldy cords have given way to cord-free blue tooth. But what do stupid people do? They want to plug an old fashioned handset from a landline telephone to their cell phone. Yeah, the phone itself has been getting smaller in size for years and now they want chunky.

See for yourself
- Retro Phone Handset (ThinkGeek)
- Fred Cell Phone Receiver (Fred Flare)





Bring back the brick!

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I spent a little bit of time on my mat outside today. Then my human came home early and gave me an early dinner. Then Merlin's humans Kim, Jordan and Liam came over for a quick visit, then my human left with them.

Later my human came home and I could smell that ginger/siamese Jimmy on him. Hmmph. But my human had an enjoyable barbeque with Jimmy (and Lily's) humans. What? Another barbeque?

But I did have some good news, the Brisbane Lions Football Club sent me a certificate in recognition of my loyal support. Woohoo! They also sent me a bandana. Double woohoo! I'll get some pictures up soon.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home