Friday, April 08, 2005

(Siddhartha) Buddha's birthday

Today was the birthday of Siddhartha Gautama who became the Buddha. He was born on what is now 8 April, sometime between 563 BC and 483 BC (before the birth of Jesus Christ).

Siddhartha Buddha was not a god but an enlightened or awakened human. He never claimed to be a god.

You can read more about Buddhism on Buddhanet.

People say that if cats were not worshipped in their own right as gods (as was the case in ancient Egypt), we would be Buddhist.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was a strange day. My human left me for the day. I spent most of the day on the couch listening to ABC Classic FM. He did come home earlier before it got dark. I helped him watch LAX and Lost on the couch tonight (taped during the week) as there was nothing on tv except for a funeral.

My human told me that Rome is full of unhoused cats who live independently on the streets, particularly around the Coloseum. I hope that the 5 million people visiting to pay their respects to the late Pontiff do not chase all the mice away, otherwise our Roman feline friends will be very hungry.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home