Monday, April 04, 2005

Boris the cat - resident of 28 Barbary Lane

Boris is a ginger cat who lives at 28 Barbary Lane in San Francisco's Russian Hill. In Tales of the City, by Armistead Maupin, Boris does not own a human, but visits the various tenants as he pleases.

He takes a liking to Mary Ann Singleton who moves to San Francisco from Cleveland and falls under the charm of Mrs Madrigal the landlady.

The chronicles of 28 Barbary Lane first appeared as a serialised column in San Francisco newspapers and became a bestselling series of novels. These were later adapted into a number of mini-series with Olympia Dukakis as Mrs Madrigal and Laura Linney as Mary Ann Singleton.

One of the best scenes in book and the television adaptation is when Mary Ann first rocks up to stay at Connie Bradshaw's place (on arriving in SF) and Connie offers her creme de menthe (it was the seventies after all) and she responds to everything with the word "fantabulous!".

And of course, anytime that Boris appears.

I meant to put this up yesterday (as it was a Sunday afternoon game).

Football - round 2 - my team loses (but only just). Here are the stats. Still not a bad result considering these were the two teams in last year's grand final which Port Adelaide won.

PORT ADELAIDE 3.0 4.4 9.8 11.9 (75) defeated BRISBANE 3.4 4.4 5.5 11.7 (73)
Goals: Port Adelaide:
W Tredrea 5 B Lade 3 K Cornes D White R James. Brisbane: D Bradshaw 3 R Copeland 2 L Power 2 T Notting J Akermanis D Merrett C Keating.
Best: Port Adelaide: W Tredrea A Kingsley D Walsh K Cornes R James C Cornes. Brisbane: L Power C Johnson C Scott N Lappin A Corrie M Pike.
Injuries: Port Adelaide: J Surjan (ankle). Brisbane: Nil.
Reports: Nil.
Umpires: H Kennedy M Ellis K Nicholls.
Crowd: 34,892 at AAMI Stadium

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I was very playful this morning and tried to get my human to chase me but he didn't want to crawl under my day bed. I wanted him to stay at home and play the ping pong ball with me, but he was running late. He made me hop up to my spot on the couch, but I insisted on playing and I scrunched up my towel and he gave me my blue mousey to play with, which I did vigorously. He went to pat me but I thought he had another toy, and I accidently scratched him (and drew blood). But he forgave me.

I think he must have decided to punish me as he returned home late and it was really dark and I was hungry.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home