Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Radio is star

In 1981 (way before I was born), MTV started in the USA and the first video clip was Buggles' Video Killed the Radio Star.

Well, not in my house it hasn't.

The first alarm (radio alarm clock) is set to ABC Newsradio which also draws reporting from National Public Radio (NPR) from the USA.

About 15 minutes later, the second alarm (on the stereo hi-fi) comes on set to ABC Triple J which is a youth oriented network with lots of alternative music.

When they are both on, it is almost interesting trying to listen to two lots of morning news.

Then during the day, I sometimes listen to ABC Radio National which is very much like NPR with lots of interesting stories such as the Religion Report and the Law Report, and lots of interesting people talking about interesting things.

Most of the time, I listen to ABC Classic FM which plays a lot of my favourite music.

No commercial radio is allowed to be turned on in my house. All those advertising jingles and "shock jocks" with their "talkback" radio, pandering to the lowest common denominator peddling hate and ignorance would drive me and my human mad.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I was a bit more calm this morning, though I did try and get my human to chase me again. He opened a tin of (non-cat food) red sockeye salmon and gave me some (it is tastier than my usual tin tuna). And when he made his lunch with it, I insisted on more.

Tonight, I did not get any red meat! But the wing was not as big as usual and I could get my teeth into it in one piece (the big ones need to be jointed/cut). After my dinner I had a very long and exciting game of playing a ping pong ball with my human. But I told him I'd better type up my diary before I got too tired. Meanwhile I smelt steak cooking...

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home