Sunday, April 10, 2005

Rufus

As foreshadowed in my previous diary entry of last Thursday, I will write something about Rufus Wainwright.

My human and I love reading The Guardian. The quality of their reviews of literature, music (both classical and popular), films and the arts are without parallel in the print media in the English-language speaking world.

My human came across a fantastic review for Rufus Wainwright sometime ago in The Guardian and thought it might be worth checking out.

Rufus is considered to be a musician's musician by the critics. The Observer said, "Rufus Wainwright, lauded by his peers as the most extraordinary songwriter of his generation".

His album Want One is indeed extraordinary. The companion album Want Two, is still growing on me.

Rufus Wainwright official website.



My human also learnt about the excellent film, Donnie Darko from a Guardian review, prior to its release in Australia.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

After all the excitement of yesterday, I had a very lazy day. It was a warm day for autumn and I spent most of the morning on my mat on the deck, where I had a good long brush. In the early afternoon, I also had a big cuddle with my human as we listened to Rufus Wainwright. My head was resting on his arms and we both ended up having a nap together. Big purrs...

I had some lamb for dinner tonight.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home